[governance] Fleming

Joe Baptista baptista at cynikal.net
Sat Oct 22 21:57:33 EDT 2005

On Sat, 22 Oct 2005, Robert Guerra wrote:

> Many of us on this list are keen, very keen, to develop proposed -
> specific language - to contribute to the negotiations that will take
> place in a bit over 2 weeks time.

Are you just as keen to fail?  I have found it very sad to see so much
effort wasted.  And it is a waste of time.  In the end all these efforts
will come to not.  I have not been wrong ever when it comes to Internet
governance.  Why?  In the final analysis Internet governance is a bogus
process since the Internet can not be governed.

Governance is not nor has it ever been ther issue.  The issue is allowing
all people access to the root zone -without restrictions, and that has
been - www.inaic.com and www.public-root.com.

> While Jim and others may have good, perhaps excellent ideas - the
> moment is not now. I hate to be blunt, but that is the fact. If Jim
> and others on her can focus and help us contribute to the WSIS , then
> - great! if not, can I kindly ask to wait until the WSIS is over in
> Nov. Is that too much to ask?

Let me provide you all with the best advice you'll ever get.  This one is
for governments who are here watching.  If you want to have a voice on the
Internet - setup your own roots and legislate or encourage your ISPs to
use them.  Thats what happened in Turkey and China.

cheers
joe