[governance] Fleming

Joe Baptista baptista at cynikal.net
Sat Oct 22 21:51:11 EDT 2005

On Sat, 22 Oct 2005, Veni Markovski wrote:

> Joe,
> while this is possible to be done at the user's end, you would agree
> that people who are on dial-up, may still experience problems
> downloading Mb of unnecessary mail coming from the mailing list.
>
> I'd suggest to put the normal netiquette in place.

I see your point.  The technical solution would be to use a mailer that
reads the headers before it downloads the entire message.  Log into your
account using a bash shell and install a procmail filter which will delete
the Fleming email before it even gets to your inbox on your ISPs server.

If both of my suggestions do not work for you the last resort is to
contact your ISP and have them install the filter.

Once again - Jim is doing us all a vital service.  He's giving all the
governance folks who are not going anywhere fast some ideas for the
future.

Cheers
joe

Joe Baptista, Official Public-Root Representative and Lobbyist to the
United States Congress and Senate / Tel: +1 (202) 517-1593

Public-Root Disclosure Documents: http://www.cynikal.net/~baptista/P-R/