[governance] Food for thought & next steps..

Jeanette Hofmann jeanette at wz-berlin.de
Thu Oct 20 17:20:48 EDT 2005

Hi, Vittorio,

> (However, it might be that some less detailed language is the most that
>   can get out of the process at this time.)

General language wouldn't do any harm to the forum, would it? I think we
know that the forum has to earn its political relevance, don't we?

  > Yes. I think that one likely outcome is that they agree on the forum,
> agree to disagree on the rest of section 5, and decide to use the forum
> to continue the discussion. Not sure whether that would be good: it
> would expose the forum too much and focus it on oversight rather than on
> actual issues.

I also think this is a likely outcome. Does it make sense then to
propose in our statement a shortlist of issues we think the forum should
focus on for a start?

jeanette