[governance] new version of IG part in WSIS CS statement

McTim dogwallah at gmail.com
Wed Nov 30 13:52:44 EST 2005

On 11/30/05, Ralf Bendrath <bendrath at zedat.fu-berlin.de> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> since I did not get an agreed text from the caucus, I have tried to follow
> the discussions here. The current version is copied below. Please make my
> life a bit easier. ;-)

hero/angel/gentleman/scholar, etc

To ensure that Internet governance and development take place in the
> public interest, it is necessary for people who use the Internet
> understand how the DNS is functioning, how IP addresses are allocated,

what basic legal instruments exist in fields like cyber-crime,
> Intellectual Property Rights, eCommerce, e-government, and human rights
> and promoting development.

The above is nonsensical.  It should be two or 3 sentences:

"To ensure that Internet governance and development take place in the public
interest, it is necessary for people who use the Internet to understand the
process of the administration of technical resources.

Internet users can also benefit from an understanding of the basic legal
instruments that exist in fields like cyber-crime,Intellectual Property
Rights, eCommerce, e-government, and human rights.

--
Cheers,

McTim
$ whois -h whois.afrinic.net mctim