[governance] more effective discussion tool

Max Senges maxsenges at gmail.com
Fri Nov 18 06:36:42 EST 2005

Hi all

On Bill Drake's 2nd point - during the caucus meeting yesterday: "CPSR is
going to transfer the listserve."

I think that for the comprehensibility of discussion it would be great if we
had a more effective/sophisticated 'discourse and collaboration
system/practice' (mailing lists are information overload and too
unstructured). I suggest to look at collaborative editing & filtering
systems.

Systems like that allow for free speech while 'highlighting' important
contributions. Discussion is also clearly threaded. (I liked what I saw at
http://www.plastic.com/ - however we need the possibility to participate via
mail).

Max Senges