[governance] Canadian meeting

lissjeffrey at sympatico.ca lissjeffrey at sympatico.ca
Sun Nov 13 17:58:11 EST 2005

Thanks for this.
Please report back to the list on the results of this meeting (when you have
time).

Many of us have organized coverage, links and national events in our own CS
community spaces online and offline. Some of us have endorsed the Citizens
Summit (citizens-summit.org), and also intend to follow developments in
Tunis closely, and to communicate to our alliance of netizens, here in
Canada.

Canada may soon have an election, so we have another reason for watching
closely to see what stands our government takes. Representation cuts both
ways;  many civil society members vote, have some modest influence, and care
strongly about Internet Governance and even more strongly about Canada's
willingness to speak independently of the US (as we did with Iraq).

Liss Jeffrey, PhD
Founding director
eCommons/agora
for the Wsis 2 witness team