[governance] Ideas that this mailing list has agreed to

Joe Baptista baptista at cynikal.net
Thu Nov 10 11:04:09 EST 2005

On Thu, 10 Nov 2005, Adam Peake wrote:

> I'm with Tim (it was not my para, it was agreed by the caucus and alt
> roots were discussed.)  Alt roots have been rejected by the vast
> majority long ago, so we said "broadly acceptable to all
> stakeholders."  I think mentioning something about not hindering
> innovation in root server development might be sound, but nothing
> more.

Ah yes - the old ostrage position.  So you dismiss the 2.5 million users
in the nation of Turkey and 1.2 million Tiscali users as non stakeholders.
Over 3.7 million users who are dependent on the public root for root
service and you consider these people small patatoes?  Thats rich.

At WSIS this year alternative roots and the public root in particular will
be the topic of discussion behind many closed doors.  Lets hope the Turkey
delegates have their answers ready.

Cheers
joe baptista