[governance] Ideas that this mailing list has agreed to

Parminder parminder at itforchange.net
Wed Nov 9 12:50:36 EST 2005

Adam:

42, 44 and 45 are fine.

As for 42 it is a statement which describes the recommended oversight
mechanism.

The first line of WGIG option 2 is  - "57.	There is no need for a
specific oversight organization."

And we have arguing about this issue all along. And then this option speaks
about enhancing the role of GAC to take care of the concerns of some
governments - I don't understand what enhancing on role is meant, and I
prefer that international rules are written for oversight rather than ad-hoc
interferences without clear rules and principles on which they are based.

WE can go with recommending option 3 - with its substantive elements
included, and not only the two elements you mention. If this option is
recommended we can condemn option 1 and 4 as mentioned in the draft.

Though I don't think, this will be acceptable to you.

I also want to mention here that if there is sufficient consensus obtaining
I don't want to block it. Only that I believe that a considerable number of
people on the list back this position. You can please make your own judgment
about it.

Parminder