[governance] Ideas that this mailing list has agreed to

Veni Markovski veni at veni.com
Wed Nov 9 13:59:08 EST 2005

At 19:50 09-11-05  +0100, Patrick Vande Walle wrote:
>Veni Markovski said the following  on 09/11/2005 19:07:
> > Hans,
> > do you really believe that the US will give up the security and
> > stability of the Internet, just because some CS groups or governments
> > ask this?
> >
>Veni,
>
>Do you really believe the USG brings any security and stability that
>cannot be provided by another party ? I fail to see what is the added
>value, from a technical point  of view, of having the NTIA spend several
>days to approve 3 or 4 lines to be added to the root zone file.

I didn't say I believe that.
I just asked Hans a question, which many people probably ask, but
some would not say it publicly. I don't know which party can provide
security and stability (SnS) to the businesses, that are now on the Internet.
That's why I think we need to engage into a discussion, which should
not be for a few months or a couple of years. It should not be only a
discussion of this little piece of the Internet, which is working
right now. It should be a larger one. I am personally more concerned
about the cybercrimes than about the IG.

veni