[governance] Ideas that this mailing list has agreed to

Patrick Vande Walle patrick at isoc.lu
Wed Nov 9 13:50:51 EST 2005

Veni Markovski said the following  on 09/11/2005 19:07:
> Hans,
> do you really believe that the US will give up the security and
> stability of the Internet, just because some CS groups or governments
> ask this?

Veni,

Do you really believe the USG brings any security and stability that
cannot be provided by another party ? I fail to see what is the added
value, from a technical point  of view, of having the NTIA spend several
days to approve 3 or 4 lines to be added to the root zone file.
> That's the key point - do you think the US Government would agre on
> internationalization, which leads to some principles, that may end
> one that that the imaginative country of Nurdany, which doesn't face
> the "ideally - elected governemnt" situation, will come to serve as
> chairing some body, that actually decides what and how should be
> governed on the Internet?
As long as there is a collegial decision process, there is no reason why
this would happen.

Patrick