[governance] more Re: Ideas that this mailing list has agreed to

Parminder parminder at itforchange.net
Wed Nov 9 12:56:40 EST 2005

I already said that if we speak about ICANN reform without clarifying on its
political oversight - it will be taken as we either will like to keep
present oversight mechanism (US) or have no oversight. And that's a problem
from my point of view....

However, if we clearly agree on the political oversight part - as for
example recommending option 3 of WGIG report, than to mention these points
(as mentioned in your mail below) is perfectly fine....

And I don't think 'host country agreement'; is a problematic term as such
for any or 'many governments' - but that if the political oversight
arrangements are clear to be multi-lateral. Any agency finally has to be
located in one country or the other - and therefore has to have a host
country arrangement.

Parminder