[governance] Cerf and Kahn receive the US highest civil award

Joe Baptista baptista at cynikal.net
Wed Nov 9 11:14:27 EST 2005

On Wed, 9 Nov 2005, Vittorio Bertola wrote:

> http://www.whitehouse.gov/news/releases/2005/11/20051103-5.html
>
> BTW - it's also nice to see (very end of the list) that humanitarian
> people get the recognition they deserve, but only after Hollywood makes
> a movie about them :-)

What is especially interesting is Cerf and Kahn getting this.  But
claiming "Vinton Cerf and Robert Kahn been at the forefront of a digital
revolution that has transformed global commerce, communication, and
entertainment" is a bit off.

Vint Cerf in his administration of ICANN - as has been the administration
of everyone in charge of ICANN - is at best backward.  I think we are
watching the U.S. preseident handing out party favourites to keep the
Internet under the control of the U.S. Government.  A long term
impossibility - but alas managable in the short term.

regards
joe baptista