[governance] "pre-eminent role"

Ian Peter ian.peter at ianpeter.com
Sat Nov 5 17:16:18 EST 2005

Vittorio -

Thanks for a good draft. On my first read, it’s a good start. I also agree
with Raul's two comments

Danny:

Perhaps in that case you should let us know which government or which
stakeholder should have a pre-eminent role,  and why that should be so at
the expense of the inputs of other governments and stakeholders. You might
also explain how that equates with the general idea of a multi-stakeholder
governance structure, or do you disagree with that principle as well?

I have read your defence of current practice - I disagree with it, but
irrespective of that I think the principle that no single government or
other stakeholder should have a pre-eminent role in relation to Internet
Governance is at the heart of  everything that most of us here see as
central to being able to support the evolution of ICANN.

Ian Peter