[governance] Text on oversight

Vittorio Bertola vb at bertola.eu.org
Sat Nov 5 09:11:16 EST 2005

Hello,

I am attaching a first attempt of a text on oversight, that was produced
through a quick round of emails between me, Avri and Adam. As time's
almost up... I think we all should comment it here, or maybe, better, on
the wiki: https://www.cpsr.org/issues/ig/cs/

The idea behind the text is: we start with an introductory paragraph; we
set forth some basic principles (elaborated from the WGIG report ones);
we address generic (broad) oversight in general terms; we address narrow
oversight, ie ICANN. On this last point, we reused most of the caucus
text that we agreed at PrepCom3.

There are some issues already open, even in this first draft. However,
given that time is running out, I would now ask for comments by everyone.