[governance] Fwd: The US factor in the WSIS needs highlighting as much as the Tunisian factor

McTim dogwallah at gmail.com
Wed Nov 2 11:26:49 EST 2005

On 11/2/05, Carlos Afonso <ca at rits.org.br> wrote:
> Caro Vittorio,
>
> Could you be more specific? Sorry, but CS needs to define itself, take
> clearer positions, and the big stakes are around oversight.

I beg to differ Carlos. The "big stakes" are about connecting the unconnected.

The tragedy of the failure of WSIS is NOT the lack of IG reform, but
the lack of concrete action on bridging the digital divide.

 "Overall
> approach" means very little, and regarding the USA, what should we do?
> Just wait and see, in a Darwinian, evolutionary approach?

I'm afraid we don't have the leverage to do much else.

--
Cheers,

McTim
nic-hdl:      TMCG
"In theory there is no difference between theory and practice. In
practice there is"
Yogi Berra