[governance] CS STATEMENT V3: notes

karen banks karenb at gn.apc.org
Sun Aug 14 14:09:18 EDT 2005

Dear all

I have worked from lee's version as the starting point, and am
incorporating comments (not general discussion, just explicit comments on
language or replacement language) recieved since.

Comments from rony, bill, robert and my colleague willie currie incorporated

It seems that vittorio's comments were not included in lee's latest draft -
so these are incorporated (but please see below).

to do
-----
- I still need to look at the text on FOSS (carlos) and am not sure we are
at one on the Forum text, so please look over this..

- vittorio, i see the proposal for a bill of rights was included in the
text, but i really don't think we have consensus on that - the whole
communciation/internet rights debate is complex, going back to the 70's -
and there are various initiatives underway working on various aspects of
this (as noted by several in reaction to your earlier propoal ..  what do
you think? (most all else included in V3)

otherwise, excpect V3 soon - and, be ready to let me have comments as early
tomorrow as possible, but it must be replacement text

thanks

karen