[governance] On CS I'net Gov. Caucus Response

Ronald Koven rkoven at compuserve.com
Sun Aug 14 14:28:42 EDT 2005

-------------------- Begin Forwarded Message --------------------

From: Ronald Koven  , 100552,2430
To: Robert Guerra, INTERNET:rguerra at lists.privaterra.org
Date: Sun, Aug 14, 2005 8:18:19 PM

RE: Re: [governance] On CS I'net Gov. Caucus Response

Dear Robert --

I don't think it's really necessary to go to the mat to repeat the full
text of Art. 19 since it's already in the WSIS I Declaration.

It seems pointless to waste points over something we already have.

When the US Delegation tried during the last Geneva PrepCom to reintroduce
the text of Art. 19 into the WSIS II drafts, the Cubans threatened to
revisit the whole debate over a "New World Information and Communication
Order" that nearly destroyed UNESCO.

I think we're ahead of the game on the specific issue of citing the Art. 19
text. Why risk losing ground ?

Best, Rony