[governance] Comments related to the WGIG report

Jeanette Hofmann jeanette at wz-berlin.de
Thu Aug 11 14:07:18 EDT 2005

Raul Echeberria wrote:

>>I am not sure that the forum needs an executive.  i think a
>>secretariat is enough to act as the facilitation that is the forum.  i
>>am against recommending a formal organization
>
> I strongly agree. In fact, I would not mention a secretariat either.

Raul, what's wrong with a secretariat? Somebody has to organize
meetings, no?
As I said before, I agree Vittorio's point that the forum needs to focus
on output. Otherwise nobody will take it serious. However, such a body
cannot have any authority and should start very modestly. The forum
needs to earn its reputation before it can grow and develop all sorts of
functions and hierarchies.

jeanette