[governance] Comments related to the WGIG report

Vittorio Bertola vb at bertola.eu.org
Thu Aug 11 12:14:40 EDT 2005

Il giorno gio, 11-08-2005 alle 11:15 -0300, Raul Echeberria ha scritto:
> Avri Doria wrote:
> > I am not sure that the forum needs an executive.  i think a
> > secretariat is enough to act as the facilitation that is the forum.  i
> > am against recommending a formal organization
>
> I strongly agree. In fact, I would not mention a secretariat either.

But then, if the forum has no executive and no secretariat, how do you
imagine that it could do any substantial work? (Let alone releasing
documents, recommendations, etc. - all the stuff described in the WGIG
report as the mission of the forum)

It is not a rhetorical question - I am pushing hard for some clarity on
practical structure because I fear that otherwise the forum will be
ineffective, just a mockery to keep calm people asking for change; it
will start, then it will die by lack of resources and results, and
defenders of the status quo will be happy. But if you can show me how
you could have an effective forum without proper decision-making
procedures and a secretariat, I will be happy to change my mind.