[governance] Comments related to the WGIG report

McTim dogwallah at gmail.com
Sat Aug 13 15:14:05 EDT 2005

hello,

On 8/11/05, Jeanette Hofmann <jeanette at wz-berlin.de> wrote:

> Raul Echeberria wrote:

> >>I am not sure that the forum needs an executive.  i think a
> >>secretariat is enough to act as the facilitation that is the forum.  i
> >>am against recommending a formal organization
> >
> > I strongly agree. In fact, I would not mention a secretariat either.
>
> Raul, what's wrong with a secretariat? Somebody has to organize
> meetings, no?

Why?  This *forum* could be strictly a virtual one, could it not?

All one then needs is a website design and some volunteers to make
sure the CMS works.

I agree with Avri/Raul that an executive is not essential.  If there
has to be a forum (which IMO duplicates work already being done by CS
groups) it should be as lightweight as possible.

The IETF springs to mind here.  It has only one employee (a recetn
hire). It has functioned for many years on volunteer efforts.

--
Cheers,

McTim
nic-hdl:      TMCG