[bestbits] [Ext] Re: OFF-TOPIC - Brazil: Return to Terror

parminder parminder at itforchange.net
Mon Oct 29 08:34:12 EDT 2018

On 29/10/18 5:01 PM, farzaneh badii wrote:
> Very much agree Nigel.
>
> And using the political environment and this election which has made
> people suffer just to repeat the old baseless argument that it was the
> neoliberals fault is absolutely wrong in my opinion.

Interesting, very few people actually defend neo-liberalism, esp in
global civil society groups. But sure, you well may...

Evidently, from Trump to Brexit to Bolsorno, and I am not mentioning a
few other names, very similar things are happening across the world....
Obviously that kind of seemingly unconnected very similar events need a
theory to explain. You dont agree with mine, so may I ask what is
yours... What do you think is happening? I do not think that a
politically active and mature CS group should just comment on such
important events without any analysis, much less 'what to do', at all.

And to Nigel's comment below. "The spirit of the people of Brazil cannot
be eradicated by one man.". You really think Bolsorno is one man?

parminder