[bestbits] Spain/Catalunya Developments. Scary

Robert Guerra rguerra at privaterra.org
Wed Sep 20 15:39:53 EDT 2017

As a member of this community and a Spanish citizen, let me share some
brief comments…

Instead of going down the path that allows for dialogue, debate and
allowing for a vote to take place (was was the case with the Quebec
referendums in 1980 & 1995, The Scottish referendum in 2014) the Spanish
central government has instead chosen to use the force of law to repress
a the democratic and UN enshrined right of self-determination.

Ballots have been seized, domains have been seized, separatist leaders
have been criminally sanctioned, authority has been taken away from the
Cataluña government, and a raid took place earlier today at offices of
the .cat registry!

It’s a complex political issue with a lot of history, that’s for
sure.. It’s now time for those (like this list and others) who are
supportive of digital… human rights … to speak out and comment on
this repressive and fascist reaction by the Spanish government.

regards,

Robert

—
The offices of the .cat registry were raided by Spanish police this
morning.
https://www.internetnews.me/2017/09/20/dotcat-registry-offices-raided-spanish-police/
--
Robert Guerra