[bestbits] blog Ephraim Percy Kenyanito

willi uebelherr willi.uebelherr at riseup.net
Wed Nov 9 16:45:11 EST 2016

Dear Ephraim,

many thanks for your answer. I will continue our communication directly,
because you ask for that. And maybe, it is correct. Only my first answer
i send to the lists to end this thread.

Yes, i am very interested for a discussion with you. And, of course,
with your friends, if they have this interest for an open internet in
Africa. From the people, for the people. This is always my perspective.

But first to your blog. The open space for the comments, that the
readers can read the opinions of others, is the most important part. Of
course, you can moderate it. Then it needs some hours or days. Many
blogs do that. Some blogs remember the authors of comment and after the
first comments they give it free.

I work for local independence. And the political/social independence is
always based on the economical independence. And every economy is based
on our technical infrastructures and the independence in technology. But
clear, the money system have nothing to do with economy. It is part of
the distribution system, a virtual layer.

The last two things is my work object. To help the people on this way.
The telecommunication is the most important part in our technical
infrastructure. It is the base for our cooperation and the free access
to free knowledge.

If we take the telecommunication in our hand, we have nearly all needs
in our hand. This, because i speak here about the hardware. The software
is easy.

Based on this maybe now it is clear for you, why i referenced your
actionpoints that start with: "Call on their governments ...".

If you follow this, you will never be able to go on your way. And i am
sure, the situation in Africa is not better then in Asia, Europe or
North America.

The form of our telecommunication is the InterNet, the Inter-connection
of local Net-works, a transport system for digital data in packet form.
Today, we don't have a InterNet, because we don't have the Net-Topology
in the telecommunication. We have only bus and star topologies. And
without a net you never can create a interconnections of nets.

I know, as a answer many people speak about virtual nets. But we are not
in the church. We are in the reality.

This local networks are independent and autonomous networks with Client
and Server functionality and the interconnection. The interconnection of
the local networks we need only for data transport and not for
Client-Server interactions. Clear, this we have to create and organise.

For the transport navigation, the routing, we use the geografical
position of the local networks for our IP addresses for source and
destination. With that we don't need IANA, ICANN or any NICs. And, of
course, never any "Internet Governance".

And because we organise between every segment on the tranport ways the
error checking, we don't need TCP. And logical followed no UDP. We act
only with IP packets.

But the core is the hardware. We have to organise, that the people
everywhere on our planet can create that hardware, what they need. The
instrument for that is our free technology. Free to participate, free to
use the result, for all people on our planet.

This is the theoretical base. The laws of the nature (physic), her
materialisation (technology) and our ideas for design and konstruction.
The material realisation of all this technical systems the people
local/regional organise itself.

You see, this is something different to that, what you wrote in your
text. But we should start with a deeper discussion, if you want. And i
hope, also with your friends and other people in Africa.

For me: Since 5.5 years i live in Latin America. i traveled from
Venezuela to Mexico and down to Chile and Argentina on the westside,
return on the east side to Venezueala and now to Paraguay. The result:
This perspective is impossible to realise in Latin America. All
technical environment, inclusive the universities, are totally
controlled from the external companies. And the people create the
comsumerism. Only use and nothing create. They don't like to study and
in this universities it is impossible, they don't like to work
experimentally and practically, they look only for an easy job with a
relative high income.

Now, i am on the way to southern Africa. I will look there. Never i have
been in the south of Africa. Then i will see.

many greetings, willi
Asuncion, Paraguay