[bestbits] IGF Planning Retreat

Nadira Alaraj nadira.araj at gmail.com
Fri May 20 23:40:33 EDT 2016

The IGF has opened a call for nominations to attend a Planning Retreat from
July 14-16 at Glen Cove, New York. Details can be found at

http://www.intgovforum.org/cms/igf-retreat

The IGF nomination procedures can be found from the link above and
interested civil society people should apply. Travel assistance *may* be
available for participants from developing countries and transitional
economies but cannot be guaranteed at this stage.

CSCG is still discussing whether it wishes to become involved in a parallel
process of recommending civil society candidates. Our involvement is
welcomed by the IGF Secretariat, but we are concerned about the lack of
transparency and rushed nature of any involvement (which would also need to
be completed by May 31 on current indications, in parallel with nominations
still being received). We will advise further (within 48 hours) on
procedures that should be followed for those seeking CSCG endorsement if a
decision is made to be involved.

Apologies for incredibly short notice: this was only announced on Thursday
May 19 and we have been seeking clarification on how this will be conducted.

Ian Peter (Independent Chair, CSCG)