[bestbits] The 2 Best Bits candidates to the CSCG

Niels ten Oever lists at digitaldissidents.org
Wed Aug 24 04:47:02 EDT 2016

Dear all,

Thank you Nadira and the candidates for making themselves available for
this work.

One question to ask: does our definition of 'civil society' include
'social purpose companies'? I am asking this because Global Partners
Digital is a 'social purpose company' [0], and whereas for me that would
fall under the term 'civil society', there are several defintiions of
civil society which would exclude GPD on this basis.

If we're OK with counting social purpose companies as civil society, I'm
more than happy to support Sheetal's candidacy, having worked with her
in several fora.

Best,

Niels

[0] http://www.gp-digital.org/who-we-are/