[bestbits] Facebook’s Internet.org Isn’t the Internet, It’s Facebooknet

Seth Johnson seth.p.johnson at gmail.com
Tue May 5 14:39:08 EDT 2015

Yes, this is great progress.

If all you've got is a dominant intranet (like a Comcast or Verizon
IncumbentNet) and no
ready access to the infrastructure to become a peer in the network
yourself, then you're not talking about a network of networks in the
first place.  Facebook is taking advantage of an IncumbentNet enabling
environment to put across a huge con job.  The whole zero rating thing
is stuck in that bogus frame.

You're really close to the Internet Distinction line.  :-)

Seth