[bestbits] Sign-on: Open letter to Mark Zuckerberg on Net Neutrality and Internet.org

Lorena Jaume-Palasi lorena at collaboratory.de
Wed May 6 10:46:37 EDT 2015

Dear all,

apologies for cross-posting. A group within the diverse session organising
teams at euroDIG is also working on a multistakeholder statement on net
neutrality. It covers the human rights, the end-user and the business
perspective and they just opened the draft for public comments here:

www.eurodig.org/eurodig-2015/net-neutrality-statement/

They would certainly be very happy to receive your feedback.

Kind regards,

Lorena

> Hi all -
>
> Facebook's recent updates to Internet.org fail to make the program respect
> the principle of Net Neutrality, and introduce several privacy and security
> problems which need to be addressed immediately.
>
> In response, we've drafted an open letter to Mark Zuckerberg that outlines
> ongoing concerns with Internet.org and suggests several fixes. You can view
> it here: https://pad.riseup.net/p/internet-dot-org-net-neutrality
>

> *Please read and review the letter, and let me know if your organization
> can sign on to it.We're hoping to get everyone's responses by Friday 11:59
> am ET. We plan to publicize the letter early next week.*
>
> We have a lot of momentum this week, with more and more concern being
> voiced about this program. Please let me know if you can sign this letter
> ASAP.
>
> Best,
> Josh Levy
>
> --
> *Josh Levy*
> Advocacy Director
> Access | accessnow.org
>
> tel: + 1 917 609 6523 | @levjoy
> PGP: 0x84C9F275
> Fingerprint: B56A D510 3142 2364 69C7 3961 A0A3 67A5 84C9 F275
>
> *Join the Access team - *we're hiring
> <https://www.accessnow.org/about/jobs>!

Lorena Jaume-Palasí ∙ Coordinator, Global Internet Governance Arbeitsgruppe

Internet & Gesellschaft Co:llaboratory e.V.

www.intgovforum.de ∙ www.collaboratory.de ∙ Newsletter
<http://feedburner.google.com/fb/a/mailverify?uri=collaboratory&loc=de_DE> ∙
 Facebook <http://goo.gl/eJVZn> ∙ Twitter <http://goo.gl/sUFM5> ∙ Youtube
<http://www.youtube.com/user/CollaboratoryVideo?feature=CCAQwRs%3D>