[bestbits] Sign-on: Open letter to Mark Zuckerberg on Net Neutrality and Internet.org

Josh Levy josh at accessnow.org
Wed May 6 10:37:40 EDT 2015

Hi all -

Facebook's recent updates to Internet.org fail to make the program respect
the principle of Net Neutrality, and introduce several privacy and security
problems which need to be addressed immediately.

In response, we've drafted an open letter to Mark Zuckerberg that outlines
ongoing concerns with Internet.org and suggests several fixes. You can view
it here: https://pad.riseup.net/p/internet-dot-org-net-neutrality

*Please read and review the letter, and let me know if your organization
can sign on to it.We're hoping to get everyone's responses by Friday 11:59
am ET. We plan to publicize the letter early next week.*

We have a lot of momentum this week, with more and more concern being
voiced about this program. Please let me know if you can sign this letter
ASAP.

Best,
Josh Levy

--
*Josh Levy*
Advocacy Director

tel: + 1 917 609 6523 | @levjoy
PGP: 0x84C9F275
Fingerprint: B56A D510 3142 2364 69C7 3961 A0A3 67A5 84C9 F275

*Join the Access team - *we're hiring <https://www.accessnow.org/about/jobs>!