[bestbits] Fwd: CIP Outreach Update

parminder parminder at itforchange.net
Fri Sep 26 13:04:14 EDT 2014

On Friday 26 September 2014 09:45 PM, Carolina Rossini wrote:

> [...]
 From this propaganda article

"There are some actors who want to radically change the existing
multistakeholder approach to Internet governance by centralizing control
over the Internet under an intergovernmental organization, effectively
giving governments sole authority over the choices that affect the
Internet’s design and operation.”
There are some actors who want to radically change the existing
multistakeholder approach to Internet governance by centralizing control
over the Internet under an intergovernmental organization, effectively
giving governments sole authority over the choices that affect the
Internet’s design and operation.  - See more at:
http://blogs.state.gov/stories/2014/09/25/supporting-inclusive-and-open-internet#sthash.Xlen7qHd.dpuf
There are some actors who want to radically change the existing
multistakeholder approach to Internet governance by centralizing control
over the Internet under an intergovernmental organization, effectively
giving governments sole authority over the choices that affect the
Internet’s design and operation.  - See more at:
http://blogs.state.gov/stories/2014/09/25/supporting-inclusive-and-open-internet#sthash.Xlen7qHd.dpuf

There are some actors who want to radically change the existing
multistakeholder approach to Internet governance by centralizing control
over the Internet under an intergovernmental organization, effectively
giving governments sole authority over the choices that affect the
Internet’s design and operation.  - See more at:
http://blogs.state.gov/stories/2014/09/25/supporting-inclusive-and-open-internet#sthash.Xlen7qHd.dpuf

Yes, just like UNESCO has meant that governments have the sole control
over how our kids are educated, and WHO ensures that governments fully
control every aspect of our health, UNEP means that every element of our
environment is determined by the governments............

Internet exceptionalism is a fool's paradise, but it stays popular
because it serves so many interests, and those who need to speak up that
this is just US gov and corporates saying, lets us keep the control over
the Internet, have forgotten that it for them to speak up.

parminder