[bestbits] Fwd: CIP Outreach Update

Carolina Rossini carolina.rossini at gmail.com
Fri Sep 26 12:15:44 EDT 2014

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Steffensen, Jennifer E <SteffensenJE at state.gov>
Date: Fri, Sep 26, 2014 at 12:11 PM
Subject: CIP Outreach Update
To: "Steffensen, Jennifer E" <SteffensenJE at state.gov>

 Good Afternoon!

It’s a busy time in the State Department’s Office of International
Communications and Information Policy (CIP) as the countdown to Busan
continues.  We’d like to share with you two recent DipNote blog articles as
well as a CSPAN video:

   - Supporting an Inclusive and Open Internet
   <http://blogs.state.gov/stories/2014/09/25/supporting-inclusive-and-open-internet>,
   by Ambassador Daniel Sepulveda, Coordinator Christopher Painter, and Deputy
   Assistant Secretary Scott Busby, highlights the U.S. government’s
   commitment to preserving an Open Internet, and to continuing to evolve its
   governance towards an increasingly inclusive system that enables and
   empowers individuals and innovation worldwide.

   - Preparing for Busan
   <http://blogs.state.gov/stories/2014/09/17/preparing-busan-regional-unity-inter-american-proposals-2014-international>,
   by Ambassador Sepulveda, discusses U.S. engagement with regional partners
   at the recent International Telecommunications Union (ITU) Regional
   Preparatory Meeting in Buenos Aires.

   - Ambassador Sepulveda also spoke yesterday at a Brookings panel event
   on the topic, “Is the Internet Starting to Fracture?”  Watch the CSPAN
   video
   <http://www.c-span.org/video/?321710-1/discussion-international-internet-policy>.

As always, we encourage you to follow CIP on EB’s Facebook  and Twitter
accounts available here <http://www.state.gov/e/eb/>.

Thanks for reading.  Please respond to this email directly (
SteffensenJE at state.gov) if you wish to be removed from this mailing list.

Best Regards,

Jen

*---*

Jennifer Steffensen

Foreign Affairs Officer

Office of International Communications and Information Policy

U.S. Department of State

202-647-0965

 This email is UNCLASSIFIED.

*Carolina Rossini *