[bestbits] Introducing my Nomination to the MAG of IGF

Luis Germán Rodríguez Leal lgrodrig at gmail.com
Fri Sep 26 17:39:27 EDT 2014

My regards to everyone,
      I have been nominated by FUNREDES (funredes.org) as a representant of
the Latin American and Caribbean member of the civil society.
      For those who do not know me, most of you, I enclose below a brief
resume similar to the one included in the nomination form.
      I would like you consider to support my candidature. I have been
working on this field for a long time and my experience is a good asset to
develop a innovative job with the collaboration of all the members of the
civil society.
      I am available to receive your comments and to answer the questions
you may have about my vision of IGF and the future of this initiative.
      Thanks in advance for your kind attention. Seguimos.
          LG

*CV Resumé*

Researcher at the Universidad Central de Venezuela (UCV). My main research
field have been understanding and assessment of social and organisational
impacts of Information and Communication Technologies (ICT), Internet
Governance and education. Former Director of the School of Computer
Sciences. Member of the Managerial Committee of the research project
“Knowledge Management at the UCV” since 2005.

I have been consultant on Information and Communication Technologies for
development and education for several public and private organisations
including the United Nations Program for Development (UNDP), United Nations
Institute for Training and Research, Fundación Telefónica Venezuela,
Comunidad Andina de Naciones, Venezuelan Ministry of Science and
Technology, Office of Planning of the Higher Education Sector, among others.

Consultant at FUNREDES (Fundación Redes y Desarrollo). Member of the
coordination team of the projects Methodology and Social Impact of the ICT
in America and Latin American Observatory of the ICT in Action.

Former Co-ordinator and first President of the Venezuelan academic network
REACCIUN (first Venezuelan ISP).

I played an active role on of the Forum of Latin-American and Caribbean
Networks since 1991, forum devoted to promote non-profit national networks.
Author of several papers published on books and recognised magazines. I
have been speaker on diverse national and international events, including
the conferences of the Working Group on Information Technology for
Developing Countries of the International Federation for Information
Processing (IFIP) and the Annual Conferences of Internet Society (ISOC),
Latin American and Caribbean Internet Addresses Registry (LACNIC), Latin
American and Caribbean Economic System (SELA). I am a ISOC member since
1992. Expert/Moderator of the ISOC courses “Shaping the Internet: History
and Future” (VE-Chapter 2013 & 2014). Participant at the World Summit of
the Information Society (Geneva 2003) presenting several products
collaboratively created in Latin America and the Caribbean.

Luis Germán Rodríguez L.