[bestbits] Civil society response to NETmundial 2014 outcome text open for endorsement

Niels ten Oever lists at digitaldissidents.org
Thu May 1 07:10:56 EDT 2014

Dear Carlos,

On 04/30/2014 03:06 PM, Carlos A. Afonso wrote:

> Finally, it is wrong to say (as they did) that net neutrality was not
> included in the NETmundial document. Unless they cannot understand
> English, this is the paragraph on it:
>
> "UNIFIED AND UNFRAGMENTED SPACE -- Internet should continue to be a
> globally coherent, interconnected, stable, unfragmented, scalable and
> accessible network-of-networks, based on a common set of unique
> identifiers and that allows data packets/information to flow freely
> end-to-end regardless of the lawful content."

This definition allows for charging differentially by user, content,
site, platform, application, type of attached equipment, and modes of
communication.

So I am not sure it would fall under my definition of network neutrality.

Best,

Niels

Niels ten Oever
Acting Head of Digital

Article 19
www.article19.org

PGP fingerprint = 8D9F C567 BEE4 A431 56C4 678B 08B5 A0F2 636D 68E9