[bestbits] [discuss] [governance] Meeting in São Paulo on Friday, January 10th, is between the LOG and 1Net

parminder parminder at itforchange.net
Fri Jan 10 12:21:48 EST 2014

On Friday 10 January 2014 10:36 PM, Anja Kovacs wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> As I agree that the exact relation between 1net and the organisation
> of the Brazilian meeting remains a topic of considerable confusion
> (including on the 1net email lists), I have requested that the 1net
> steering committee seeks clarification from the LOC on what its
> expectations vis-a-vis 1net are once the Committees are in place. If
> the LOC has no further expectations at that point, and if the 1net
> steering committee also sees no role for itself, the current tension
> will automatically defuse, as 1net would then automatically move into
> the background, at least where the organisational aspects of the
> meeting are concerned (it would hopefully still contribute to the
> substance!). The committee appointments should be known in about 5
> days time.
>
> If the LOC does have further expectations, I think that time would be
> a good moment to more formally reassess our stance - through whatever
> process deemed most appropriate.

Anja

I am sure you have followed the facts of the case whereby it has not
been what LOG expected of 1Net, but what 1Net, or whoever drives 1Net,
has consistently and insistently tried to extract from LOG... you know
that 1Net begun even in Bali to assume roles about the Brazil meeting
which made Brazilians extremely uncomfortable, and that  then in Dec
Adiel made the unilateral declaration that 1Net will be the conduit to
Brazil organising committees, whereby later on 27th dec LOG  pushed 1Net
back and announced more or less that Adiel's announcement was wrong and
unauthorised   and that LOG will directly deal with different
stakeholder processes... whatever happened between that meeting and the
latest LOG meeting in the first week of Jan,  but then 1Net was again
the one conduit...

Why do you think we should ignore all this publicly known stuff and
innocently assume that it is LOG which is pressuring poor 1Net into
different roles. This is pretty strange to me...

parminder