[bestbits] substantive proposals for Brazil summit - IG governance

Eduardo Bertoni ebertoni at alumni.gwu.edu
Tue Feb 4 08:52:34 EST 2014

Mike strongly agreed with Andrew and Gene and I strongly agree with Mike!!
This exchange of emails and ideas of course is useful but my view is that
an important goal of BB might be to set up the CS agenda for the meeting in
Brazil. To do so, it will be important to submit a short and substantive
document. Of course it will not be easy to have a general agreement among
us, but I encourage all of us to be flexible and only oppose on issues that
are contrary to fundamental principles or past agreements.
I agree with Andrew proposal. At the same time I understand Jeremy M
concerns in limiting the statement to the three themes proposed by Andrew.
But having a discussion now about what should be included and how the list
should be expanded, it could lead us to a never end discussion. That´s why
I agree with Andrew.
Best

Eduardo