[bestbits] What set of problems should the "principles" address? (was Re: notes from meeting with FADI in DC)

Norbert Bollow nb at bollow.ch
Sun Feb 2 08:57:16 EST 2014

Adam Peake <ajp at glocom.ac.jp> wrote:

> We've heard a few times that there are perhaps 25 key statements of
> principles.  So, based on those how can we reach a rough consensus on
> which are the core/common/essential principles for a universal
> statement?

Each statement of principles speaks to a certain perception of a set
of problems. When it guides actions, a statement of principles can
become part of the solution to that set of problems.

I would suggest that the process towards a “universal statement” of
principles needs to begin with building a shared understanding of the
set of problems that this “universal statement” would contribute to
solving.

Greetings,
Norbert