[bestbits] Re: notes from meeting with FADI in DC

Adam Peake ajp at glocom.ac.jp
Sun Feb 2 08:05:31 EST 2014

On Jan 31, 2014, at 1:50 AM, Carolina Rossini wrote:

> What do you mean? The website netmundial.org  is open for suggestions.

I would hold off sending anything to the website until there is a call for contributions. This should come very soon.

Reason I'm asking about the key principles statements is to get some idea about how we might plan for discussion in Sao Paulo, how to achieve the best outcome (whatever that might be - and that itself a good topic to discuss.)

The agenda allows for about 4 hours of discussion, so my personal hope is we'll be able to start the meeting with some consensus on core principles that might form the basis of a universal statement -- with the universal statement, or a draft of it, an outcome of this part of the meeting.

We've heard a few times that there are perhaps 25 key statements of principles.  So, based on those how can we reach a rough consensus on which are the core/common/essential principles for a universal statement?  One way might be to ask people to consider the key (25?) statements and from those identify which they think are the core principles, and ask for some justification for their selections.  Might narrow down to a common set which can be further discussed.  But to do this, do need to identify the key statements (hence my email below.)

I don't know if the exec comm will agree this is a reasonable approach, or if CS will.  But interested to hear.

Thanks,

Adam