[bestbits] LDC's Turning Backs on Multistakeholder Trade Agreements

Jeremy Malcolm Jeremy at Malcolm.id.au
Fri Apr 11 22:59:03 EDT 2014

On 11 Apr 2014, at 9:11 pm, Carolina Rossini <carolina.rossini at gmail.com> wrote:

> no equivalence at all
> I have been working directly with trade agreements, as Nick has ....and everything there is secret, non-transparent ..etc...
>  a mistake to say that "old style lobby" is equivalent to multi-stakeholderism...
> no "equal footing" on TPP or Trans-Atlantic ..makes me laugh actually
> refer to BestBits on statement on process http://bestbits.net/netmundial-roadmap/

On the other hand, there is a very good argument that the trade negotiation process should adopt aspects of the multi-stakeholder processes that are in development in the Internet governance regime - especially given the areas that crossover between Internet governance and trade such as intellectual property and free flow of information.  EFF will be proposing a workshop on this topic for this year's IGF.

--
Jeremy Malcolm PhD LLB (Hons) B Com
Internet lawyer, ICT policy advocate, geek

WARNING: This email has not been encrypted. You are strongly recommended to enable encryption at your end. For instructions, see http://jere.my/l/pgp.