[bestbits] FW: LDC's Turning Backs on Multistakeholder Trade Agreements

Carolina Rossini carolina.rossini at gmail.com
Fri Apr 11 09:11:00 EDT 2014

no equivalence at all
I have been working directly with trade agreements, as Nick has ....and
everything there is secret, non-transparent ..etc...
 a mistake to say that "old style lobby" is equivalent to
multi-stakeholderism...
no "equal footing" on TPP or Trans-Atlantic ..makes me laugh actually
refer to BestBits on statement on process
http://bestbits.net/netmundial-roadmap/

On Fri, Apr 11, 2014 at 6:07 AM, McTim <mctimconsulting at gmail.com> wrote:

> <cc list trimmed>
>
> Nick,
>
> thanks for making this point, which I had intended to make as well.
> There is absolutley no equivalence here!
>
> rgds,
>
> McTim
>
> On Fri, Apr 11, 2014 at 1:24 AM, Nick Ashton-Hart <nashton at consensus.pro>
> wrote:
> > I'm sorry but to suggest BITS are multi stakeholder is just fundamentally
> > incorrect. Love them or hate them, they are entirely different to what we
> > talk about vis a vis multi stakeholder processes in Internet policy.
> >
> > On 11 April 2014 02:05:25 "michael gurstein" <gurstein at gmail.com> wrote:
> >>
> >> These "Investor Treaties" are the trade equivalent of multistakeholder
> >> governance processes in that they give the private sector equal rights
> with
> >> governments in determining the contents of sectoral trade agreements.

*Carolina Rossini*
*Project Director, Latin America Resource Center*
Open Technology Institute
*New America Foundation*
//
http://carolinarossini.net/