process Re: [bestbits] [Meeting Report]: friday meeting with fadi et all

Adam Peake ajp at glocom.ac.jp
Tue Oct 29 08:46:09 EDT 2013

Thanks Joana,

Perhaps it will be more difficult to strategize on an open list, or it might feel more difficult.  Reality is everything any reasonably large group discusses will leak.  Likely the only people excluded from the conversation will be other civil society, and at a time when this very small collection of CS should be looking to outreach.

We survived WSIS and a few years of IGF with open lists

I couldn't attend bestbits, no idea what was discussed there.

> "filter coordination of civil society through steering committees"

Apologies, this must seem like unfair criticism.  I do not know how bestbits works, just read your comment about debates with bestbits steering committee and about trying to decide how to report. Frustrating not to be able to attend any of the Bali civil society meetings, been hoping for reports since and there's been nothing, until you wrote, from any of any (I've seen.)

Thanks,

Adam