[governance] RE: [bestbits] Rousseff & Chehade: Brazil will host world event on Internet governance in 2014

Brenden Kuerbis bkuerbis at internetgovernance.org
Wed Oct 16 11:20:09 EDT 2013

Hello,

On Sun, Oct 13, 2013 at 9:48 AM, Mawaki Chango <kichango at gmail.com> wrote:

<snip>

> 4. Lastly, please note that a more substantive document (including CS
> proposed agenda) coming out of Bali should be addressed to both President
> Rousseff and Chair & CEO Chehade.

Apologies for the cross-post.

I'll take no position on the IGC crafting a letter. But moving beyond
asserting civ soc's intention to shape the agenda of the Rio event and to
Mawaki's last point, the IGP has posted some ideas for a proposed agenda.
It includes specific, executable steps that can be taken to move ICANN away
from unilateral oversight:

http://www.internetgovernance.org/2013/10/16/a-blueprint-for-the-future-oversight-of-icann/

Brenden Kuerbis
Internet Governance Project