[bestbits] Re: MAG nomination process via Best Bits

parminder parminder at itforchange.net
Fri Nov 15 01:25:05 EST 2013

Jeremy

Am very behind seeing and responding to emails, but noticed this one and
wanted to make the following comment:

I dont see the need for BB to get into making recs for MAG membership
when IGC seems to do a good - and much better insitutionalised - way of
doing. If the fear is that some people may not be on the IGC - which i
not too sure of - BB can forward nomination to the IGC process.

However, if BB just insists on having its own MAG nominaiton process, I
oppose steering committee on its own making the selections (a post facto
confirmation by the list - the process of which I could not understand,
is of no use bec no one from the list is going to object to any name
which is listed as selected by the steering committee) .... This does
not go with BB's platform image projection.... and in any case does not
look like a good process to follow.

parminder