[bestbits] [very quick follow up] I*coalition/dialogue = 1net

Anja Kovacs anja at internetdemocracy.in
Wed Nov 13 07:12:59 EST 2013

Thanks to all our liaisons for their work on this.

I agree with Jeremy that we need to continue our direct communication with
the Brazil government on the Brazil summit. The 1net initiative is
potentially valuable, and I would say that we continue the dialogue, but I
don't see any reason why our communication with the Brazilian government,
too, needs to go through 1net. I don't think the initiative has developed
sufficiently at all yet for us to be able to do so.

Why don't we therefore suggest to 1net that we take coordinated
communication on the Brazil summit out of the 1net agenda for now? 1net
could possibly be used by different stakeholder groups to keep each other
updated on their own strategies, share information, ask for feedback, etc,
but I don't think its role on this particular issue should go beyond that -
at least for now.

Also just curious to know: was this website discussed at all among the
current 1net committee? Was the content of the site discussed? Its message
seems to be quite forceful, and I somehow have the sense that that was not
a consensus decision - but I'd be happy to stand corrected on this.

Also +1 on a slight shift in liaisons for 1net by the way.

Best,
Anja

Dr. Anja Kovacs
The Internet Democracy Project