[bestbits] Delivery of International civil society letter to Congress to follow up from HRC statement

Mishi Choudhary mishi at softwarefreedom.org
Thu Jun 13 12:00:58 EDT 2013

Hello everyone,

My name is Mishi Choudhary and I am the executive director of SFLC.in, a
not for profit society working that works to advance technology policy
that supports political freedom and personal privacy, based in New
Delhi, India. I have been a silent observer for a few months on this
list but am pitching in on one point.

I strongly agree with Parminder about addressing the companies involved
as the importance of PRISM is that it shows everyone on earth that if
they store personal data in centralized services and communicate through
such centralized "platforms", sooner or later governments will greedily
spy on us all. If people want to protect freedom, they have to demand
and use technology that also protects freedom. The defensive , onus
shifting strategy, atleast the three major companies have adopted seem
too late , too little and more an eyewash for now.

Thanks everyone who is involved in this commendable effort. SFLC.in will
be signing the resultant statement .

--
Warm Regards
Mishi Choudhary, Esq.