[bestbits] Best Bits MAG nominations for your approval - URGENT

parminder parminder at itforchange.net
Tue Dec 3 09:28:45 EST 2013

On Monday 02 December 2013 07:16 PM, genekimmelman at gmail.com wrote:
> To be more specific,  maybe those with lingering concerns need to
> decide whether they want to participate on the best bits platform or
> not. You decide. better,
Gene, you are being over generous with your invitations to leave...
earlier somewhat subtly, and this time rather bluntly... And this I
would humbly suggest is no way to manage a civil society group...

>  If you think you can make it work please offer ideas like Anriette,
> Michael and others have done. I believe we decided in Bali on an
> approach and I endorse Anriette's path toward formalizing this. And I
> suggest we wrap up this conversation for now and move on to substance.
>  Otherwise we delegitimze the broad support people worked towards over
> two days in Bali and make it more difficult to prepare for Brazil.

Ideas were given at the f2f meeting, which I have further elaborated in
an email yesterday... And I am not sure what approach we have agreed in
Bali, Can you please explain. (Anja, says in a recent email and I quote
"we had agreed in the session that there would be structured discussions
on various things that remained difficult and unanswered on the mailing
list (eg, the tension between being a platform and something more
organised, and how to deal with this tension)". Doesnt look like an
agreement...

As for 'transparency versus social/ economic justice' objectives that
you speak of in response to Rafik's email -- I dont know how do you
construct this as an either or.. It is entirely a strawman.. the
organisations that are most keen and effective in their social /
economic justice work that I have seen are also some of the best
examples of transparency and accountability.... On the other hand I have
witnesses such a dichotomy often claimed by third world dictators...

parminder