[bestbits] [discuss] [governance] Report from the BR meeting local organizing group - Dec 2013

michael gurstein gurstein at gmail.com
Sat Dec 28 02:50:08 EST 2013

Hi Jeremy,

I'm not quite sure who you are addressing with your message below, but if is
meant to be CS in IG as a whole perhaps it would be better to phrase what
you have written as "the coordinating group will be responsible for "its"
nominations" since as already noted the CI community has launched its own
nominating process and will be submitting nominations, to the appropriate
authority as that becomes clear, in parallel to those of CC-CS. I would add
that I agree with Parminder's point that CS should not be going through a
third party for its nominations (this was generally, perhaps universally,
agreed to in Bali).

As well, it should be noted that at this point precisely the provenance of
Inet is not clear.  If Inet is a creature of ICANN then we, as CS overall
should be concerned since ICANN is not CS and may, because of its activities
and mandate have its own interests which it may be concerned to pursue in
this context as with others. If Inet is rather more linked to I* then
clearly we should not be passing our nominations through a body organically
linked to one of the other stakeholder groups.

Mike