[IRPCoalition] [bestbits] Position by IT for Change and some other NGOs on enhanced cooperation

Norbert Bollow nb at bollow.ch
Sat Aug 31 16:07:44 EDT 2013

McTim <dogwallah at gmail.com> wrote:

> Am I happy
> that the US snoops on both domestic and foreign voice and data
> traffic?  No, certainly not.  Do I think that any kind of treaty or
> int'l framework would stop them?  Again the answer is no, certainly
> not.

I agree.

The problem cannot be solved without effective encryption.

Some kind of treaty or other international framework or other form of
international cooperation might however help us get to the point where
communications via the Internet are routinely encrypted in an
effective manner.

Greetings,
Norbert