[IRPCoalition] [bestbits] Position by IT for Change and some other NGOs on enhanced cooperation

michael gurstein gurstein at gmail.com
Fri Aug 30 16:56:43 EDT 2013

McTim,

As I've just replied to Avri who made the same arguments on a different
list...

What you are saying is of course, a cop out/diversion since it makes little
sense to make a blanket statement ("put all governments (with perhaps a few
exceptions) in this category") such as you have done and thus implicitly
draw an equivalency between the US Government and its powers and
inclinations and the government of, for example, Nauru...

Until one makes that quite evident distinction then a statement such as
"keep governments as just one of many "multi-equal" stakeholders" tells us
little if anything since the USG is rather more than simply a "multi-equal
stakeholder" (and we need to figure out ways collectively how to respond and
globally govern this) while the government of Nauru is hardly relevant in
this context including as an "equal stakeholder" or whatever.