update --> Re: Censorship of postcards at the IGF

Jeremy Malcolm jeremy at ciroap.org
Tue Nov 6 09:45:07 EST 2012

On 06/11/2012, at 6:39 PM, Donny B.U. <dbu at donnybu.com> wrote:

> dear jeremy and bestbits fellows,
>
> chengethai masango from igf secretariat just met me, and he asked me about the postcard incident.
> after I explained to him, he said that what happened is misscommunication from their side.
> then he apologized for the communication. he said that ict watch can distribute those postcards again.
>
> ps: he also agree that maybe daniel dafoe, the officer that ask me not to distribute the postcard, read the sentences in the postcards literally and did not fully aware of the context. changetai said that he got some email asking about that. and i do believe, the pressure from bestbits brought significant impact to this. thank you :)

I also spoke to him, and he said that he would aim to put some text on the IGF website to make the UN principles that apply to online and offline expression at the IGF more explicit.  If we have ideas for what these principles should be, I think that we should take the initiative to propose them.

--
Dr Jeremy Malcolm
Senior Policy Officer

Your rights, our mission – download CI's Strategy 2015: http://consint.info/RightsMission

@Consumers_Int | www.consumersinternational.org | www.facebook.com/consumersinternational

Read our email confidentiality notice. Don't print this email unless necessary.