[Governance] Council of Europe rules that Covid Vaccines are not Mandatory

Salanieta T. Tamanikaiwaimaro salanieta.tamanikaiwaimaro at gmail.com
Tue Feb 2 18:53:34 EST 2021

Hi Guys,

   1. The Parliamentary Assembly of the CoE in its Resolution said a host
   of things such as *making the Covid-19 vaccines accessible to all *and
   that they were not mandatory nor that those that refuse to take them should
   be discriminated against. To see the Resolution, visit this link
   <https://pace.coe.int/en/files/29004/html>.
   2. In case civil society is interested in putting submissions before
   February 16th to the Council of Europe's Committee of Experts on Combating
   Hate Speech (ADI/MSI-DIS), the CMDSI Secretariat is accepting
submissions. (Terms
   of Reference <https://rm.coe.int/native/0900001680992ceb>).
   3. Of note also is that there would be *increased online censorship* to
   watch for disinformation and misinformation.
   4. Here is an opinion piece I wrote on the Council of Europe
   Parliamentary Resolution mentioned above where I also make the distinction
   between the US and EU treatment and SCOTUS ruling on "vaccines and product
   liability" and more importantly increased online censorship, see here.
   <http://www.circleid.com/posts/20210202-freedom-of-expression-part-5-covid-vaccines-not-mandatory/>

http://www.circleid.com/posts/20210202-freedom-of-expression-part-5-covid-vaccines-not-mandatory/

Sala