[Governance] [apc.members] Ian Peter

parminder parminder at itforchange.net
Thu Dec 30 05:11:25 EST 2021

It is very sad to hear Ian leave us....

As others have said, he was a good person. A very good person - pure and
simple at heart. Cared greatly for the 'Internet', had strong and clear
views and ideas, but always listened. It was so easy to talk with him,
even when disagreeing. However strongly he was for something, he never
turned away from reasoning for or against it.

The world is a better place because of people like Ian. He will be
fondly remembered.

I had the good fortune of working with him as a co-coordinator of IGC.
He wholehearted, selfless dedication was pure inspiration.

On matters of trivia, to beat the condition imposed by the IGF for some
time for having a co- organizer from at least three stakeholder groups,
he gladly lent us Ian Peter and Associates
(https://www.ianpeter.com/bio.html) as our private sector partner for
many workshops :)

Always a man ready to help.

Be well wherever you are, Ian!